- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Deviled Barbecue Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can Or 2 Cups)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Cubed cooked beef/Cubed cooked lamb||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.7 mg
Sodium 709.5 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 43 g86.8%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frying pan melt butter or margarine and sauté onion and garlic over low heat about for 10 minutes such that onion is tender.
2. Stir in tomatoes, brown sugar, chili powder, dry mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar, whole cloves and bay leaf and heat to boiling.
3. Lowering heat let it simmer for 45 minutes such that flavors are blended and mixture is about as thick as chili sauce.
4. Add meat cubes and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes longer such that meat is heated through.
5. In large amount of boiling salted water cook noodles such that tender, drain and stir in chopped parsley.
6. On platter arrange parsley noodles in 2 rows and spoon barbecued meat in rows.
7. Serve hot.