- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Curry Mussels Recipe Video
|Cultivated mussels||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (full fat organic)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), cleaned and chopped (large)|
|Red curry paste||1 Teaspoon, prepared|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.8 mg10.6%
Sodium 479.1 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 37.4% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the mussels thoroughly, trim off the beard and discard the opened mussels.
2) Smash the garlic clove, peel and chop finely.
3) Roughly chop a handful of fresh cilantro and set aside.
4) In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat oil over a medium heat.
5) Add the chopped garlic and onion sweat for about 1 minute.
6) Add the coconut milk and squeeze in fresh lime juice.
7) Then add the chopped cilantro, red curry paste and whisk the ingredients with a wire whisk.
8) Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
9) Add the mussels, cover the skillet and cook over a high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
10) Transfer the mussels to a serving plate and pour over the curry. Serve the Red Curry Mussels immediately with crusty bread for soaking up curry broth.