- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Creole Jambalaya Recipe Video
|Andouille sausage||2 Small, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Ounce|
|Tomato puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cajun seasoning/Cayenne||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (If using Cayenne - 1 teaspoon)|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken thigh||8 Ounce, cut into bit-sized pieces|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Rinsed & drained)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Shrimp||6 Large, peeled & de-veined|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg26%
Sodium 364.6 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large dutch oven or a heavy pot start by sauteing 2 sliced andouille sausages on medium heat to render out some of the fat.
2. Add diced onions and continue to cook until they are translucent. Once done add celery and bell pepper. Continue to cook and de-glaze with a touch of red wine.
3. Add the tomato puree, thyme, cumin, cajun seasoning and a bay leaf. Add chicken stock and the chicken thigh pieces.
4. When the mixture comes to a boil add 2 cups of rinsed white rice, cover and simmer on medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is done.
5. After 15 to 20 minutes, take off the lid and stir well and check if the consistency is like a thick rice stew. Taste and season with salt and pepper as required.
6. Finally stir in the fresh shrimps. Cover again and let it cook for about 3 minutes until they are done. Taste for any seasoning and the dish is ready to plate.
7. Serve warm with hot sauce.