- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Clam Recipe
|Clams||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Dry white wine||8 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled, deseeded and chopped (450 Gram)|
|Sun dried tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1447 Calories from Fat 645
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.4 mg
Sodium 1227 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 122 g243.1%
Vitamin A 190.5% Vitamin C 364.6%
Calcium 53.8% Iron 728%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a stiff brush and scrub clams under cold water. In a large saucepan combine clams and wine.
2) Place the saucepan over high heat and cook the clam mixture for 3-5 minutes, till clams open. Discard the clams that do not open.
3) Now, drain clams and reserve the liquid. Take off the shell of half the clams and discard.
4) In a frying pan, heat oil and stir fry garlic for 2 minutes. Add sun-dried tomato paste, tomatoes, and the reserved cooking liquid.
5) Simmer the mixture until the sauce thickens or for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6) To the sauce, add clams and parsley and heat gently. Mix salt and pepper as per taste.
7) Pour over freshly cooked pasta and toss. Serve immediately.