- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Chile Enchiladas Recipe
|Corn flour||2 Pound|
|Enchilada sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8599 Calories from Fat 4686
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 509 g782.8%
Saturated Fat 109.5 g547.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.3 mg
Sodium 8687.4 mg362%
Total Carbohydrates 893 g297.6%
Dietary Fiber 40.2 g161%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 44 g88.8%
Vitamin A 906.5% Vitamin C 176.7%
Calcium 158.8% Iron 66.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together the maseca (corn flour), baking powder, salt and some water.
2) Mix well till a smooth dough is formed. It should not be sticky.
3) Shape the mixture into balls the size of an egg.
4) Between two sheets of wax paper, place one ball at a time and use a rolling pin of tortilla press to flatten it to a round which is 4 to 5 inches in diameter, or Â¼-inch thick.
5) Make the round ahead of cooking the other ingredients. Use damp paper towels to cover.
6) In a small skillet, fry 1 inch of oil.
7) Fry each patty for about 5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
8) In a plate, place 2 to 3 tortillas and then use enchilada sauce to cover each patty. Top with onion, olives, lettuce and cheese.
9) Serve at room temperature as a main dish. Can also be served as a snack.