- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Carrots Stuffing with Tamarind Sauce- حشوة جزر أحمر بالتمر الهندي Recipe Video
|For carrot and tamarind sauce|
|Rainbow carrots||3 Pound, divided|
|Canola oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Tamarind concentrate||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|For rice and ground meat stuffing|
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked for 15 minutes|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground meat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 1378 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 779.3 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g66.9%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g113.9%
Sugars 35.2 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 2273.9% Vitamin C 115.4%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the Carrots, cut 2 carrots into strips, and grate the rest.
2. In a deep pan, heat the canola oil and fry the carrot strips and put them on the side on paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
3. Fry the onion into the same pan, put them on paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
4. In the same oil, add in the grated carrots and season with salt and cardamom.
5. Add in the fried onions on the grated fried carrots. Cook on high heat until the grated carrots are soft, about 10 minutes.
6. Dissolve the tamarind paste/concentrate in 2 cups of hot water to make the sauce.
7. Add in lemon juice to the tamarind sauce.
8. Pour in the tamarind sauce into the pan and remaining water.
9. Bring the sauce to a boil then simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
10. Recipe follows.
For making Rice and ground meat stuffing
1. In a deep pan, add in the oil, ground meat and onion.
2. Season it with salt, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, and cardamom. Cook the meat until seared all over.
3. Add in the rice to the meat. Dissolve the tamarind paste/concentrate in 2 cups of hot water to make the sauce.
4. Pour the sauce to the rice and meat mix.
5. Bring to a boil on high heat then cover and simmer on low heat until the rice is done. The rice should take 25-30 minutes to fully cook.
6. To serve, place rice in the serving platter, arrange the fried carrot sticks and add the sauce with the grated carrots on top.