- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Cabbage With Cashew Nuts Recipe
|Baking potatoes||4 Large|
|Fresh red cabbage||16 Ounce (450 Gram)|
|Brown sugar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Cashew nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 148.7 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 28.8% Vitamin C 141.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oven.
2) Discard the dark leaves from the outer part of the cabbage.
3) Cut the cabbage in half from the stalk.
4) With a very sharp knife, cut the inside of the cabbage across the leaves and then, thinly slice it.
5) Now, discard the stalk.
6) Peel the onion and cut into the thinnest slices possible as it needs to cook within the same amount of time as the cabbage.
7) In the oven, set the potatoes for baking.
8) Once the potatoes are cooked three-quarters, in a saucepan put the onion and cabbage slices.
9) Pour enough water to cover the saucepan base.
10) Cover the saucepan with a firm fitting lid.
11) Cook on a high flame for around 10 to 15 minutes until the cabbage becomes tender and crisp.
12) Now, mix in the cashew nuts and brown sugar and stir.
13) Allow the mixture to sit for some minutes.
14) Remove the potatoes from the oven once they are cooked and cut them through the centre, splitting in two halves.
15) Add a plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper seasoning to the filling.
16) Add spoonfuls into every potato.
17) Arrange on a bed of brown rice.
18) Serve garnished with coriander.