- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Cabbage Coleslaw Recipe
|Red cabbage||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|For the dressing|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 42.7 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 117.8%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut into quarters, remove core and shred cabbage finely.
3. Peel and thinly slice the onions.
4. Place these in a large bowl; sprinkle with celery seed, sugar and a little seasoning.
5. To make the dressing, blend the pepper and mustard together and place in a saucepan with the vinegar. Bring quickly to the boil.
6. Add the corn oil, mix together and pour over the cabbage.
7. Toss the cabbage in the dressing.
8. Leave to stand for 1 day before serving, stirring occasionally.