- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Cabbage And Sweet Corn Salad Recipe
|Red cabbage||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|French dressing||4 Tablespoon|
|Frozen sweetcorn kernels||11 Ounce|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled), finely grated|
|Clear honey||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 798 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1122 mg46.8%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.6%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.8%
Sugars 55.2 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 170.7% Vitamin C 690.9%
Calcium 34.5% Iron 45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash cabbage and shred finely. Remove the coarse stem.
2) In a large bowl take the cabbage and dressing, toss and leave for 2 hour.
3) In a pan boil salted water and cook corn. Strain from water and cool.
4) Put diced cucumber, seasoned with salt and pepper and keep aside for 2 hr.
5) Soak out excess moisture from cucumber and add cabbage, corn, lemon rind and honey. Toss to coat thoroughly.
6) Serve with fried chicken.