- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Bean Paste Recipe Video
|Red beans||70 Gram|
|Water||200 Milliliter (to wash)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 265.9 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.6%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the beans, cover with cold water and soak overnight.
2) Drain beans and discard water.
3) Place beans in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, add 3 cups cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
4) Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour, or until very soft. Monitor the pan to make sure water doesn't dry up. Drain and discard the water.
5) Place the beans in a food processor and process until smooth.
6) Add sugar and process until just combined.
7) In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
8) Add the bean paste and cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is dry.
9) Remove from heat. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use
10) Use the paste as and when required. It is used in various Cantonese dishes as a filling or even a flavoring agent.