- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red and Green Pepper Beef Recipe
|Green peppers||2 Medium, halved, seeded and thinly sliced|
|Sweet red peppers||2 Medium, halved, seeded and thinly sliced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chuck steak fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1915 Calories from Fat 1237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g214.3%
Saturated Fat 46.4 g231.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 450 mg
Sodium 3729.4 mg155.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.8%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 113 g226.3%
Vitamin A 180.5% Vitamin C 940.1%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 46.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, heat oil and saute peppers till soft.
2) Remove onto a hot platter and keep warm.
3) Add steak into the skillet and turning once, cook for 5 minutes on each side till the steak is cooked as desired.
4) Slice the steak and arrange with peppers on a hot platter.
5) Stir in water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into the skillet.
6) Cook, stirring constantly and scraping regularly to loosen cooked-on juices in the skillet.
7) Allow to boil for 3 minutes till the liquid reduces by one-third.
8) Pour sauce over sliced beef and peppers.
9) Serve with hot cooked rice.