- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Spanish Rice Part 3 Recipe Video
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (washed)|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (home made)|
|Jalapeno peppers||5 Medium, chopped into medium sized pieces|
|Red onions||2 Large, diced|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, diced|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 614.4 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 46.4%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the rice and set it aside in a colander,to drain the water.
2. Chop the jalapeno peppers,into medium sized pieces.
3. Dice the tomatoes.
4. Dice the red onions.
5. In a heavy bottomed skillet, add some oil and toast the rice on medium heat,until it's color changes to opaque white.
6. Lower the heat and add the jalapeno peppers,onions and tomatoes, one by one.
7. Pour the chicken broth into the rice and stir well.
8. Reduce the heat to minimum and cover the skillet with a lid.
9. Allow the rice to cook undisturbed for 30 minutes.
10. Serve warm with a main dish of your choice.