- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Spanish Rice Part 1 Recipe Video
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (home made,double the quantity of the rice)|
|Jalapeno peppers||5 Medium, chopped into medium sized pieces (as required)|
|Red onions||2 Large, diced (diced)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, diced (diced)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1990 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2457.5 mg102.4%
Total Carbohydrates 376 g125.4%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112.1%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 39 g78.5%
Vitamin A 71.8% Vitamin C 185.5%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 41.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the rice and set it aside in a colander,to drain the water.
2. Chop the jalapeno peppers,into medium sized pieces.
3. Dice the tomatoes.
4. Dice the red onions.
5. In a heavy bottomed skillet, add some oil and toast the rice on medium heat,until it's color changes to opaque white.
6. Lower the heat and add the jalapeno peppers,onions and tomatoes, one by one.
7. Pour the chicken broth into the rice and stir well.
8. Reduce the heat to minimum and cover the skillet with a lid.
9. Allow the rice to cook undisturbed for 30 minutes.
10. Serve warm with a main dish of your choice.