- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Shrimp Cocktail Part 2 Recipe Video
|Colossal shrimps||8 Large, peeled and deveined (do not remove the tails)|
|Tomato ketchup||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Extra hot horse radish||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed|
|Szechuan peppercorn/Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Blackened seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 Large, freshly squeezed of its juice and the lemon reserved|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Medium, deseeded and halved|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, freshly grounded|
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164 mg
Sodium 4707.4 mg196.1%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 98.2 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 101.7%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl and mix the tomato ketchup, extra hot radish, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and Lemon juice together.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. In a skillet boil some water and add the Jalapeno peppers, schezwan peppercorns, kosher salt, Blackman’s seasoning, lemon juice and the squeezed lemon quarters. Bring to a full boil.
4. Add the shrimps and allow to cook, until the shrimps rise to the surface of the water.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimps and refresh them under cold water. Put inside the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
6. In a cocktail bowl, fill crushed ice and place a small ramekin or bowl in the middle of it.
7. Fill the ramekin, with the sauce. Hook the shrimps on the outer rim of the cocktail bowl, by their tails.
8. Serve chilled