- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Nachos Part 1 Recipe Video
|Tortillas||10 Medium, uncooked (ready made)|
|Jalapeno pepper||10 Medium, sliced|
|Chihuahua cheese||200 Gram, grated|
|Mild colby cheese||200 Gram, grated|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2889 Calories from Fat 1605
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g274.5%
Saturated Fat 94.6 g472.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 421.7 mg
Sodium 4762.6 mg198.4%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.4%
Dietary Fiber 32.1 g128.6%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 130 g259.3%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 103.4%
Calcium 300.9% Iron 49.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the tortillas into medium sized nachos.
2. Mix the grated Chihuahua cheese and Colby cheese together.
3. Slice the jalapeno peppers into thin slices.
1. In a frying skillet, add some oil and deep fry the tortilla pieces, on medium high heat.
2. Place the fried tortillas on a large paper towel, to remove the extra oil adhering to them.
3. Sprinkle the mixed cheese, on top of each of the fried tortilla pieces.
4. Put a slice of the jalapenos peppers, on top of the cheese, for each of the chips.
5. Broil the nachos on high heat, until the cheese melts.
6. Serve as a snack, with some spicy tomato salsa.