- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Jalapeno Sweet Bake Recipe Video
|Sweet peas||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|White onions||2 Large, chopped finely|
|Jalapeno peppers||4 Small, minced|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided into two parts|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.3 mg
Sodium 582.3 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mince the garlic cloves.
3. Chop the onions finely.
4. Mince the jalapenos.
5. In a non stick frying skillet, heat the butter and fry the minced garlic, on medium heat.
6. Add the onions and jalapenos and sauté on medium heat.
7. Sprinkle a little kosher salt and pepper on top of the onions. Stir well to mix.
8. Pour the heavy cream into the skillet. Stir well and let it reduce by half.
9. Add one part of the breadcrumbs to the skillet and mix well with the cream. Take off the heat.
10. Fold in the sweet peas gently.
11. In a Pyrex baking dish, pour in the mixture and level it, using a spatula.
12. Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs on top and bake for 15-20 minutes, in a preheated oven at 350 F.
13. Serve warm with a green salad.