- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Honey Roasted Pork Loin Roast Part 5 Recipe Video
|Pork loin roast||1 Medium (preferably organic)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||150 Milliliter, pasteurized|
|Texas sweet onions||5 Large (4 - chopped roughly and 1 - sliced into thin rings)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thai basil||1 Bunch (100 gm) (a few sprigs for garnish)|
Calories 2132 Calories from Fat 1440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g250.4%
Saturated Fat 41.1 g205.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 195 mg
Sodium 3327.4 mg138.6%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 79.6 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 57.9% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Mix the cream and the milk.
Cut the onion into broad, fat rings.
In a bowl, soak the onion rings in the milk and cream mixture.
In a plate, mix the flour, along with the salt and pepper.
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Lubricate the roasting tin with one teaspoon oil.
1. In the roasting tin, place the pork loin, with the fat side up.
2. Sprinkle some garlic pepper and seasoned salt over the roast.
3. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 F.
Making the onion rings
1. Dip the onion rings into the seasoned flour mix. Dust the excess flour off.
2. In a non stick frying skillet, heat ½ cup of oil and fry the onion rings on medium heat.
3. Place the fried onions on top of a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Caramelising the onions
1. In a frying skillet, melt the butter and add the Thai basil and thyme. Stir well.
2. Add the onions to the skillet and fry on medium heat.
3. When the onions turn soft, pour in the honey and mix well. Lower the heat to a medium low and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
4. After about 10 minutes, when the onions begin to change their colour, add the jalapenos and mix well. Cook for 20 more minutes.
1. Take out the roast and let it rest for 10 minutes, before cutting it into slices.
2. In a plate, place 2 slices of the pork loin roast. Using a ladle, pour some of the onion mixture over them.
3. Garnish with the fried onion rings and a sprig of fresh Thai Basil.
Serve warm , with a green salad.