- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Fudge Recipe Video
|White sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Cooking chocolate||750 Gram|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (to grease the cookie pan)|
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.6 mg
Sodium 152.5 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 67.2 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 50.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a double boiler, melt the cooking chocolate. Set aside until needed.
2. In a cookie pan, brush some molten butter on the sides.
3. In a saucepan, cook the corn syrup and sugar, on low heat. Stir continuously, until the sugar gets dissolved.
4. In a bowl, mix the sugar mixture, evaporated milk and chocolate to make a smooth mixture.
5. Add the marshmallows to the chocolate mixture.
6. Pour the fudge mix into the greased cookie pan.
7. Using a knife, cut out small pieces of fudge, when the mixture has cooled and hardened a bit.
8. Serve the fudge on its own or with some vanilla ice cream, as a dessert.