- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Devil's Own Deviled Eggs Recipe Video
|Chicken eggs||4 Large, hard boiled|
|Mayonnaise||100 Gram (ready made)|
|Yellow mustard||50 Gram|
|Hatch peppers/Chilli peppers||1 Teaspoon, dried and ground|
|Jalapeno peppers||50 Gram, ground to a smooth paste|
|Red parika flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.7 mg
Sodium 164.3 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan filled with water, lay the eggs in a single layer. Ensure that the level of water remains at least an inch above them.
2. Place the saucepan over medium high heat and bring the water to a boil. When the water begins to boil, turn off the heat.
3. With a lid, cover the sauce pan and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes.
4. Refresh the hard boiled eggs, with cold water and peel them.
5. Cut the hard boiled eggs into two halves.
6. Scoop the eggs yolks out and keep them aside, for making the filling.
7. Place the egg whites in a deviled eggs dish.
8. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks with the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Hatch peppers and jalapeno paste , using a fork or a blender.
9. Fill the egg yolks mixture, into the egg whites.
10. Sprinkle a pinch of smoked red paprika flakes, on the top of each of the devilled eggs.
11. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate overnight.
12. Serve as a starter, on a bed of fresh lettuce leaves, with a tangy tomato salsa dip.