- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Chili Part 1 of 5 Recipe Video
|Dried chili pepper||12 Large|
Calories 32 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.58 g0.89%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 53% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGloves
Kitchen scissors/ knife
1. In a pot, soak the chilli pods with stem and seeds in water for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour, place the pot on medium heat and bring it to boil. Boil for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat. Cool it till it can be handled.
3. Using gloves, with hands remove the stem and hand scrape the seeds carefully while retaining the meat. With knife or kitchen scissors chop them finely.
4. Retain the liquid for later use.
5. Use this chilli to make Texas chili.
For Texas Chili Part- 2 please check out this link - Real Texas Chili Part-2
For Texas Chili Part- 3 please check out this link - Real Texas Chili Part-3
For Texas Chili Part- 4 please check out this link - Real Texas Chili Part-4
For Texas Chili Part- 5 please check out this link - Real Texas Chili Part-5