- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Chicken Diablo Part 5 Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||4 Medium|
|Serrano peppers||2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Eggs||5 Large, the whites seperated and beaten till frothy|
|Corn starch||500 Gram|
|Chilli oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
Calories 2210 Calories from Fat 1554
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g268.8%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g106%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 331.6 mg
Sodium 992.1 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 36 g72.9%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mince the garlic.
2. Mince the white onions.
3. Mince the green onions.
4. Beat the egg whites, until they are frothy.
5. In a deep bowl, mix the garlic, Serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, white onions, green onions, garlic salt, garlic peppers, red pepper flakes and black pepper together.
6. Spread the cornstarch in a plate.
7. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg white. Coat them with the cornstarch.
8. Dust off the excess cornstarch and lay the chicken breasts in a plate.
9. In a non stick frying skillet, heat 1 cups of oil and fry the chicken breasts, on medium heat. Cook them for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
10. In a fresh frying skillet, heat the chilli oil, on medium heat and fry the green onion-garlic mixture. Add some garlic salt to taste. Stir continuously, to prevent the onions from getting browned.
11. Add the fried chicken breasts and mix well, to coat with the chilli oil and onions. Cook until the chicken is done.
12. Serve the Chicken Diablo, with some Spanish rice, guacamole and Jalapeno Peas for an avante’ grade real Texas fusion meal.