- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Chicken Diablo Part 2 Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||4 Medium|
|Garlic||3 Teaspoon, minced|
|Serrano peppers||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Garlic pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Eggs||5 Large, the whites seperated and beaten till frothy|
|Corn starch||500 Gram|
|Chilli oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 4511 Calories from Fat 3154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 355 g545.4%
Saturated Fat 43.9 g219.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 528.7 mg176.2%
Sodium 1824 mg76%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g81.1%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 89 g177.7%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 49.1%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mince the garlic.
2. Mince the white onions.
3. Mince the green onions.
4. Beat the egg whites, until they are frothy.
5. In a deep bowl, mix the garlic, Serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, white onions, green onions, garlic salt, garlic peppers, red pepper flakes and black pepper together.
6. Spread the cornstarch in a plate.
7. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg white. Coat them with the cornstarch.
8. Dust off the excess cornstarch and lay the chicken breasts in a plate.
9. In a non stick frying skillet, heat 1 cups of oil and fry the chicken breasts, on medium heat. Cook them for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
10. In a fresh frying skillet, heat the chilli oil, on medium heat and fry the green onion-garlic mixture. Add some garlic salt to taste. Stir continuously, to prevent the onions from getting browned.
11. Add the fried chicken breasts and mix well, to coat with the chilli oil and onions. Cook until the chicken is done.
12. Serve the Chicken Diablo, with some Spanish rice, guacamole and Jalapeno Peas for an avante’ grade real Texas fusion meal.