- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe Video
|Cinnamon raisin bagel||1 Large, cut into 1/4-inch thick chunks (For Stuffing)|
|Roasted garlic oil||1 Tablespoon (For Stuffing)|
|Minced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Stuffing)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Stuffing)|
|Chicken broth/Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Stuffing)|
|Pork chops||4 Medium (each 1/2-inch thick)|
|Natural sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Apple Cider Glaze)|
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg
Sodium 1469.4 mg61.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To make the stuffing, in a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
3) Saute the onions till they are translcent.
4) Transfer the onions to a large bowl. Remove the pan from heat and set it aside.
5) Mix the onions, bagel and applesauce together. Stir well to coat.
6) Add 1 cup of chicken broth, toss well.
7) Set mixture aside for 3 minutes. If bagels are still a little dry after 3 minutes, add more chicken stock. Set the stuffing aside.
8) To make the pork chops, place the previously used frying pan over medium high heat.
9) Once the oil left in the pan starts to sizzle, add the pork chops and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
10) Transfer the chops to a baking dish. Set the pan aside.
11) On top of each pork chop, place a generous scoop of the stuffing.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
13) While the meat is cooking, make the apple cider glaze. Place the frying pan used above over high heat.
14) Once it starts to sizzle, pour in the apple cider. Gently scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release the brown bits.
15) Once the cider is simmering, reduce the heat and let the liquid reduce by half. This takes about 5 minutes.
16) Remove the pork chops from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish.
17) Drizzle with the apple cider glaze and serve right away.