- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rava Dosa with Spaghetti (Pooda)- Semolina Crepes Recipe Video
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Rava or sooji)|
|Gram flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiled spaghetti||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Any variety can be used)|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped (green onion can also be used)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As required)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (For drizzling over the pooda while frying) (Optional)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.5 mg0.5%
Sodium 146.4 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a mixing bowl add the semolina, gram flour, ground cumin, salt and sugar. Mix using a spoon.
2. Gradually add the oil and yogurt. Continue to stir with the spoon to mix well.
3. Add the green chili and ginger paste. Then add the boiled spaghetti (Whole grain spaghetti used in this recipe) and mix well.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and gradually add water a little at a time and mix to form a batter. Also add freshly chopped cilantro while mixing the batter.
5. Once the batter is made, let it rest for about 30 minutes before making the pooda.
6. Check the batter for the desired consistency. If required add a little more water.
7. Take a non-stick pan and heat it on a stove. Spoon some batter and pour it on the pan and spread it to a round as thin as you can. Drizzle some oil on the edges if required.
8. When the bottom of the pooda is golden brown flip sides and let it cook. Drizzle some oil if required on the reverse side as well.
9. Serve the poodas hot with yogurt or any chutney of your choice.
Break the spaghetti sticks before boiling them.