- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Pakoras & Tahini Recipe Video
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped finely|
|Ground flax seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , squeezed|
|Parsely||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75.3 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine cabbage, onion, cilantro, salt and set aside for about 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the dehydrator. Line the rack with parchment paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, place ground flax seeds, curry powder, mustard seeds and asafetida. Pour water and mix well. Add in vegetables and mix altogether.
4. In the wire rack, ladle tablespoonful of pakora mix. Dehydrate for a few hours or until the pakoras are done.
5. In a bowl, add ground sesame seeds, lemon juice, parsley, salt and water. Mix well
6. Serve the Pakora with Tahini dip and enjoy!