- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Food Sloppy Joe Recipe Video
|Carrot||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||2 Medium, diced|
|Celery stalks||1 Medium, diced|
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium|
|Almond||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight, drained and rinsed|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight, drained and rinsed|
|Organic barbecue sauce||6 Teaspoon|
|Sprouted grain bread slice||1 Medium|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄4 Medium|
|Tomato slices||4 Medium|
|Lettuce leaf||1 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2056 Calories from Fat 1367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g251.3%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 579.7 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 48.8 g195.3%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 62 g123.5%
Vitamin A 318.6% Vitamin C 267.3%
Calcium 62.7% Iron 70.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Process carrots, garlic, celery and green onions in a food processor for 1 minute.
2. Add the almonds and walnuts and pulse.
3. Add barbecue sauce and pulse again.
4. Toast sprouted grain bread and spread over with the nut and vegetable mixture.
5. Slice a tomato, scoop out and chop an avocado and spread over the bread.
6. Top with bell pepper pieces and place a big lettuce leaf underneath the assembled toast.
7. Serve for breakfast or lunch along with a healthy raw beverage.