- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Mexican Horchata Recipe Video
|Cashew||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water for 20 min, drained well|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Long grain brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water ovenight|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.9 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the long grain rice in water overnight with cinnamon sticks.
2. Rinse the rice a few times before use.
3. CASHEW MILK: In a blender, add soaked cashews and pour 4 cups of water.
4. Blend for few seconds and add raisins. Continue blending till smooth.
5. Strain the cashew into a bowl and retain the milk.
6. RICE MILK: In the blender put the soaked rice with 4 cups of water.
7. Blend till smooth for a few minutes. Strain into the bowl with cashew milk.
8. In the blender pour the milks again. Put vanilla powder and resume blending. Blend till frothy.
9. In a serving glass, pour the horchata and serve garnished with cinnamon powder.
If it needs more sweet, add more raisins while blending.