- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Mango Pie Recipe Video
|For pie crust|
|Almonds||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted|
|For mango filling|
|Dried mango strips||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (or Kevs smoothie powder)|
Calories 552 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.5%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the dried mango slices in water for 20 minutes.
2. In a food processor, blend almonds till fluffy and like a coarse powder. Transfer it into a bowl.
3. Take a pie dish and sprinkle some almond flour into it (Avoids sticking of the pie to the pan). Set aside.
4. In the food processor, put the dates and blend till it forms a smooth paste or ball. Transfer it into the bowl with almond flour
5. Using clean hands mix them well to form a sticky dough.
6. Take the pie dish and put the dough on it. With fingers gently push the dough from the center towards the outside to spread it evenly. Press the edges to form the groove.
7. In a blender, put the mangoes, water and smoothie powder. Blend till smooth.
8. Pour it into the pie crust and spread evenly.
9. Put it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
10. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve chilled either garnished with fruits or as it is.