- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Food Chocolate Recipe: Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
|Raw walnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Medjool dates||8 Large, pitted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fresh raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46.2 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor put the walnuts and salt. Process till coarsely ground.
2. Add the cocoa powder, dates and vanilla (if using). Continue to process till it begins to turn sticky.
3. Pour a little water and continue to process till it becomes sticky.
4. Transfer the mix to a plate and using clean hands shape it like a cake.
5. Arrange fresh raspberries on the top to decorate.
6. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve as dessert.
Cover with a plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 3 days or freezer for 2 weeks.
Always bring to room temperature before serving.