- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Chocolate Torte Recipe Video
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked (40 minutes to overnight - FOR THE HALVAH)|
|Coconut oil||9 Tablespoon (1 tbsp. FOR THE HALVAH and remaining FOR THE CREME FILLING)|
|Unsweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR THE HALVAH)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (FOR THE HALVAH)|
|Salt||3 Dash (1 dash FOR THE HALVAH, 1 dash FOR THE CREME FILLING and 1 dash FOR THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE)|
|Hydrated irish moss||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR THE CREME FILLING)|
|Almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR THE CREME FILLING)|
|Xylitol||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR THE CREME FILLING)|
|Almond butter||2 Tablespoon (FOR THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE)|
|Raw cacao powder/Carob||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE)|
|Coconut nectar/Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or sweetener of choice - FOR THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE)|
|Vanilla powder||1 Dash (FOR THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE)|
Calories 894 Calories from Fat 588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 42.4 g211.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 163.4 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 55.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line the 8”square pan with parchment paper.
2. To make the halvah – Mix together all ingredients, in a food processor.
3. Pat the ingredients into wax lined square pan.
4. Chill the mixture in the freeze.
5. To Make The Filling – Blend the Irish moss with the almond milk, xylitol and salt.
6. Stream the coconut oil and blend until incorporated.
7. Pour the filling on top of the base and chill for 10 minutes.
8. For the chocolate fudge – Melt all the ingredients gently over a double boiler.
9. Take the chilled halvah out of the freezer and slide it off the waxed paper with a spatula.
10. Cut into 3 equal sections, one for each layer.
11. Press the halvah onto a plate, smooth with the crème filling, and place another layer of halvah on top. Smooth another layer of crème, or add the chocolate fudge next, then the 3rd layer of halvah.
12. Garnish the Halvah with some lavender sprigs and serve.