- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Carrot Raisin Bread Recipe Video
|Carrot||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla bean powder||1 Pinch|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked and chopped (soak in water for about 2o minutes)|
|Flax seed||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 57.1 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.8%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 214.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, shred the carrots and set aside.
2. In the same processor jar, combine the raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse to combine.
3. Add in the shredded carrots and process once again.
4. Scrape the sides with a spatula and process again.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add in the shredded coconut.
6. Add in the pecans and mix well.
7. Gradually incorporate the ground flaxseed with this mixture.
8. On a cutting board, sprinkle some ground flaxseed and shape equal sized loaves with the prepared mixture.
9. Place them in the dehydrator at 120 degrees for about five hours.
10. Slice and serve the carrot bread as a snack.