- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Banana Kababs In A Creamy Sauce Recipe
|For the banana kababs:|
|Raw bananas||500 Gram, skinned|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green chillies||4 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon, broiled and coarsely ground|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, sliced and minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, sliced and minced|
|Chana atta||2 Tablespoon|
|For the gravy:|
|Green cardamoms||3 , crushed lightly|
|Tomato ketchup/Hot indian tomato sauce given in this book||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2463 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.7%
Saturated Fat 28.3 g141.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.1 mg32.7%
Sodium 2966.9 mg123.6%
Total Carbohydrates 483 g160.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.8%
Sugars 237 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 291.6%
Calcium 74.3% Iron 45.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
• Place 2 tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan and add the onions and cook over a medium flame. When soft and pink, add the green chillies, cumin, ginger and garlic, and stirring, cook for 3 minutes. Place in the thali containing the mashed bananas.
• Take the chana aata and salt, sprinkle over the bananas and knead the mixture like you do for flour dough. Wet your palms and make round kababs the size of sour limes, placing 2 to 3 raisins in the centre of each.
• Heat a karahi, half filled with oil. When the oil heats up, lower the flame a little and add the kababs to the oil in small batches. Turn the kababs and fry till golden brown. Place in a sieve to drain the oil.
• Place a saucepan on the stove. Put in the tomato ketchup and water. Place on a low heat and add salt and when the sauce bubbles, put in the kababs. Shake the vessel from side to side.
• Lightly whip the cream. Put the gravy and the kababs in a dish and pour the cream over it. Sprinkle coriander on top.
• Serve at once with parathas.