- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ravioli Afternoon Recipe Video
|For the blueberry parfait|
|Kudzu starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
|Blueberries||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided|
|Agar agar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the spinach and ricotta ravioli|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.7 mg
Sodium 504.6 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 93.5% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 22% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPot
1. In a measuring jar, stir in the kudzu with the ½ cup apple juice to dissolve.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat up 2 cups of apple juice and add the 2 cups of blueberries.
3. Add the agar agar and agave. Stir to dissolve and mix.
4. Add a pinch of salt and stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Crush the cookies in a paper bag, set aside.
6. In the blender pour the kudzu juice mixture, and blend until smooth.
7. Pour the blended mixture into clear glasses and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
8. Serve the blueberry parfait with cookie crumbs and blueberries and finish with a dollop of whipped cream.
FOR THE SPINACH AND RICOTTA RAVIOLI
1. Thaw and wash the spinach, squeeze all the excess water, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine spinach with the ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese.
3. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
4. Put one tablespoon of filling on half of the wanton skins and brush the edges with water. Seal them by covering with another skin.
5. Use a cookie cutter to give it different shapes.
6. Boil water in a pot and cook the raviolis in hot water for 5 minutes.
7. When they are done, they will float to the top and become translucent.
8. Serve and top with melted butter, olive oil, basil and parmesan cheese.