- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ravioli with Sage Butter Recipe Video
|Pasta dough||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (brushed with olive oil)|
|Squash||1 Medium, cut in halves and baked|
|Amaretti cookies||8 Small, crushed|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg white||1 Medium|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
Calories 2247 Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.5%
Saturated Fat 45.7 g228.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264.5 mg88.2%
Sodium 3070.6 mg127.9%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.7%
Dietary Fiber 31.9 g127.7%
Sugars 113.8 g
Protein 73 g146.4%
Vitamin A 102.9% Vitamin C 72.8%
Calcium 216.5% Iron 118.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a medium bowl,add the squash pulp, crushed Amaretti cookies, egg yolk and cheese. Add the grated nutmeg and salt. Combine all together.
3) Take a pastry bag to scoop in the squash mixture. Cut the tip of the pastry bag to make a small hole. Tightly twist the top part and keep aside.
4) Cut the pasta dough in 6 pieces. Place them back into the olive oil.
5) Take each of piece to shape into rectangle. Run the rectangle through the ravioli sheet maker machine for several time, until it becomes really thin and long.
5) Squueeze some amount of squash mixture on one side of the sheet by keeping same distance in between.
6) In a bowl, combine egg white with little water.
7) Use this mixture to brush on the empty part of the ravioli sheet.
8) Gently bring the other half on top of the sqash mixture and carefully seal the empty parts, by removing the inside air as much as you can.
9) Use a pasta cutter, to separate the raviolis.
10) In a hot skillet, add the stick of butter to melt.
11) Add the sage leaves to the butter.
12) Turn the heat off and let the leaves sit into the butter for 2 minutes.
13) Bring a large pot of water to rolling boil. Add little salt and cook the ravioli for 3 minutes.
14) In the serving platter place the cooked raviolis and spread the sage butter on top.
15) Garnish with little parmesan cheese and sage sprig.