- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ravioli With Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Commercial fat free italian salad dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated low fat cheese ravioli||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Spinach leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce|
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.5 mg5.5%
Sodium 241.6 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 49.5% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use food processor, to prepare tomato sauce by processing garlic until coarsely chopped.
2) Add basil to coarsely chop in the processor.
3) Fold in tomatoes, tomato paste, salad dressing, vinegar and pepper and process thoroughly by using on/off pulsing action until tomatoes are chopped.
4) Use 9-inch square microwavable dish to spray with nonstick cooking spray.
5) Use 1 cup tomato sauce to spread in dish. Layer half of ravioli and spinach over tomato sauce. Repeat layers with remaining sauce, ravioli and spinach by finishing with tomato sauce.
6) Use a plastic wrap to cover. Place inside refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours. Vent plastic wrap.
7) Place inside microwave to cook at MEDIUM (50%) 20 minutes or until pasta is tender and hot.
8) Sprinkle cheese on top and return to microwave to cook at HIGH 3 minutes or just until cheese melts.
9) Let stand, with cover for 5 minutes before serving.