- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rava Ladu Recipe
|Fine semolina||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded fresh coconut||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (It depends on how sweet you want)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (to make sugar syrup)|
|Melted ghee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (clarified butter)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 16 g79.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.2 mg
Sodium 6.7 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 3% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Now add coconut to rava and again roast for approx. 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Combine sugar and water in a thick bottomed pan. Heat it to achieve a syrup of one string consistency. Add cardamom powder to it.
4. As the syrup reaches one string consistency, add roasted rava and coconut mixture into it. Keep mixing for a minute or so.
5. Turn the heat off and keep mixing the mixture after every half an hour.
6. In about 2-3 hours, the mixture gets thick. Add nuts and raisins.
7. Divide mixture into equal parts and shape them into balls of desired shape. Ladoos are ready to eat. Store them in an airtight container.