- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rava Coconut Ladoo Recipe Video
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fine variety)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Clarified butter||3 1⁄3 Tablespoon (ghee)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisin||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.2 mg
Sodium 1.8 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.58%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, add fine semolina and 2 tablespoon of clarified butter/ ghee. Roast it for 5 or 6 minutes. Do not allow it to change its color. Transfer into a bowl. Wipe the pan clean.
2. In the same pan, put shredded coconut and add 1 tablespoon ghee. Roast it for 3 or 4 minutes. Transfer it into the bowl with roasted semolina. Wipe the pan clean.
3. In the same clean pan, add sugar and water and bring it to boil. Simmer for 5 or 6 minutes till it reaches single thread consistency.
4. Put the semolina coconut mix into this sugar syrup along with cardamom powder and stir to mix. Cover and leave it for 1 hour for all the sugar to be soaked.
5. After one hour the mixture looks thick and sticky.
6. Grease hands with ghee. Take a spoonful of the mixture and make balls with it.
7. Take a cupcake liner and place the balls in it and decorate with raisins.
8. In a serving plate, serve the ladoos as a dessert.