- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rattlesnake Salsa Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (Unpeeled)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Preferably Mexican Oregano)|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 66 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 129.9 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 60.5% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Husk the tomatillos.
2) In a heavy skillet, such as a cast-iron skillet, toast chiles over medium heat until brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3) Remove chiles from the skillet.
4) Add unpeeled garlic; toast until browned and soft, then peel.
5) Bring 3 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
6) Add tomato and tomatillos; reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until soft.
7) Remove tomatoes and tomatillos to a work surface; coarsely chop.
8) In a food processor or blender, place all ingredients; process to a slightly textured salsa.
9) Adjust seasonings to taste.
10) Seve the spicy salsa with chips and other finger foods.