- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ratatouille Mackerel Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 , peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and thinly sliced|
|Courgettes||2 , trimmed and cut into thick slices|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Canned mackerel||40 Ounce (4 Cans, 275 Grams/ 10 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil spray||1|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Fresh basil leaves||12|
|Couscous mixed with parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (To Serve)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2730 Calories from Fat 1225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.1%
Saturated Fat 31 g155.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg56.7%
Sodium 5153.5 mg214.7%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g78.9%
Dietary Fiber 30.7 g123%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 174 g347.1%
Vitamin A 164% Vitamin C 476.5%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 44.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
3. Add the pepper chunks and courgettes slices and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into an ovenproof dish.
5. Season the fish with salt and pepper and arrange on top of the vegetables. Spray with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the cover, add the basil leaves and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately with couscous or rice mixed with parsley.