- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ratatouille Using Dry White Wine Recipe
|Courgettes||5 , peeled|
|Aubergines||2 , sliced|
|Olive oil||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Onions||3 , finely chopped|
|Green peppers||2 Large, skinned|
|Tomatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), finely chopped|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dry white wine||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2707 Calories from Fat 1892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 214 g329.8%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 616.8 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.7%
Dietary Fiber 62.9 g251.6%
Sugars 85.3 g
Protein 39 g77.8%
Vitamin A 288.6% Vitamin C 1125.4%
Calcium 60.4% Iron 82.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a colander, place the courgette and aubergine slices, sprinkle with the salt and leave for about 15 minutes, then drain, rinse and dry with the kitchen paper.
2) In a large frying pan, gently saute the onions in a little oil over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until golden and soft.
3) In an ovenproof casserole dish, remove the sauteed onion and keep aside.
4) Add the olive oil as required into the pan and saute each of the tomatoes, courgettes, peppers and aubergines for 15 minutes. Drain well and transfer to the casserole.
5) In the casserole, mix all the vegetables together, then stir in the coriander, garlic and wine.
6) Add the salt and pepper to taste and gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
7) Sprinkle with the chopped fresh parsley and basil, serve immediately.