- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Zucchini Ratatouille Recipe
|Zucchini||1 Pound, sliced|
|Onions||4 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed and sliced|
|Red peppers||1 , pith and seeds removed and sliced|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned and chopped|
|Parsley||2 (For Garnish)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130.1 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 205.9%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and add chopped eggplant and zucchini.
2) To remove excess water and bitter taste of the vegetables, marinate the chopped veggies with pepper and a dash of salt for 30 minutes.
3) Take a pan and heat oil.
4) Fry onions and garlic until the onions turn soft.
5) Mix the marinated vegetables cover the pan with a lid.
6) Simmer the vegetables over gentle heat for 30 minutes or until the vegetables turn tender.
7) Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot.
8) The dish can also be served cold.
9) Ratatouille can be cooled and stored in refrigerator .
10) If you are serving the dish later, reheat it in an oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit , Gas mark 4 in a covered casserole for 30 minutes.