- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Ratatouille Recipe Video
|Garlic clove||3 Medium|
|Basil pesto sauce mix/Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon (or dried basil)|
|Canned tomatoes/Ripe firm tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Pinch (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch (or to taste)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish) (Optional)|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 658.3 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.6%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 87.6%
Calcium 15% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat the oil if using. Chop the onions in the meantime.
2. Add the onion to the pan and fry until very soft and tender.
3. While onion is cooking, finely chop garlic and cut the eggplants and courgettes into 2cm dices.
4. When the onions are cooked, add the garlic, eggplant and courgette and saute a few minutes.
5. Add the basil or basil pesto, tip in the tomatoes and season with salt.
6. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer the vegetables for about 30 minutes.
7. Serve the ratatouille with rice or with bread and a green salad on the side.