- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ratatouille Recipe Video
|Eggplant||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Diced, Peel left on)|
|Sinnqua/Chinese okra||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Peeled and Diced)|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Diced)|
|Onion||1 Medium (Diced)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon (or 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon (or 4 garlic cloves, diced)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Fresh basil||4 Tablespoon (Chopped, for topping)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 252.2 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat skillet. Add 3T olive oil.
2. Add onions, peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook about 8 minutes over medium or medium-low heat.
3. Add eggplant, sinqua, thyme, and garlic powder. Cook covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato, cook covered for 5 minutes over medium heat. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes (or until the juice from the tomatoes has mostly boiled away), stirring often, over medium-high heat.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Top with a drizzle of good olive oil and basil.
(Optional) We ate this dish with some leftover (reheated) Chicken and Crostini (topped with olive oil, tomato, and parmesan cheese).