- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Yogurt Sherbet Recipe
|Raspberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 718 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.7 mg
Sodium 257.9 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59%
Sugars 113.6 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 105.2%
Calcium 41.2% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rub raspberries through a sieve into a bowl and make a thick puree.
2) Add sugar to sweeten.
3) Add yogurt and lemon juice into it.
4) In a small bowl stir 4 tablespoons of cold water and sprinkle gelatin on it.
5) Let stand for 5 minutes.
6) Place the bowl over a pan of hot water.
7) Stir till the gelatin dissolves and liquid is clear.
8) Blend liquid gelatin and raspberry puree.
9) In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into puree.
10) Transfer content into a container, cover with a lid, and set in the freezer.
11) When frozen, beat with rotary beater.
12) Freeze firmly.
13) Serve chilled.