- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Pie Recipe
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||17 Tablespoon (1 Cup + 1 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|8 inch baked pie shell||1 (Prebaked)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2208 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.1%
Saturated Fat 48.5 g242.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 747.8 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 430 g143.5%
Dietary Fiber 28.2 g112.8%
Sugars 333.1 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 143.5%
Calcium 8% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add 1 cup raspberries, water, 1 cup of sugar, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch. Cook over reduced flame till the cornstarch has dissolved and the mixture thickened.
2) Allow the mixture to cool down.
3) Add 1 cup of raspberries to the pre-baked pie shell and sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar evenly over the berries.
4) Pour the cooled down raspberry sauce into the pie shell, evenly coating the berries.
5) Refrigerate the raspberry pie till serving time.
6) Garnish the raspberry pie with sweet whipped cream, topped with whole raspberries.
7) Serve chilled.