- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Phyllo Squares Recipe Video
|Phyllo pastry sheets||2 , thawed|
|Unsalted butter||2 Teaspoon, churn|
|Dried bean/Pie weight||6 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|35% whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 46 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Cut thawed phyllo pastry sheets in half width-wise.
3. Melt unsalted butter sticks.
4. Brush each piece of phyllo with melted butter and layer into a single stack.
5. Cut stack into 6 smaller, equally sized stacks (approx. 4 × 4 in./10 × 10 cm each) and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Place a spoonful of pie weights or dried beans onto each stack and bake in centre of oven for 5 min.
7. Cool and remove weights.
8. In the meantime, beat together 35% whipping cream, fat-free sour cream and icing sugar with a whisk or mixer(stand or hand-held) until thickened.
9. Spread cream mixture on cooled phyllo stacks, arrange 2 cups fresh raspberries overtop and dust with 1 tbsp icing sugar.