- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Pear Jam Recipe
|Pears||2 1⁄2 Pound (10 medium)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Frozen red raspberries||1 Pint|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4710 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.5 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1240 g413.2%
Dietary Fiber 68.7 g275%
Sugars 1130.8 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 153.8%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel pears and core.
2. In a food chopper, process pears.
3. In a large saucepan, mix together pears, sugar and lemon juice; cook for 20 minutes.
4. Stir in raspberries and cook with frequent stirring until desired consistency is achieved.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Use Peach/Pineapple Jam for topping desserts or simply apply over bread or toast and serve.