- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Gateau Recipe
|Eggs||3 Medium, separated|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce, sifted (50 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||5 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Raspberries||1 Pound (450 Gram, Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Castor sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (275 Milliliter)|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.8 mg
Sodium 24 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line a 23 cm (9 in) round tin.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until thick and creamy.
3. Put in the lemon rind and continue beating until the mixture leaves a trail when the beater is lifted.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour and almonds.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture with a metal spoon.
6. Into the prepared tin pour and let it bake for 35—40 minutes until well risen and golden.
7. Take out of the oven and turn out immediately on to a wire rack to cool.
8. When cold, cut in half horizontally.
9. Retain 16-18 of the best raspberries for decoration.
10. Spread the remainder across one half of the cake, and sprinkle with half the sugar.
11. Sandwich with the other half of cake.
12. Just before serving, whip the cream until stiff.
13. Spread all over the top and sides of the cake.
14. Arrange the rest of the raspberries over the top and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.