- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Fudge Torte Recipe
|Devil's food cake mix with pudding||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Miniatures)|
|For raspberry cream|
|Frozen raspberries in syrup||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Box)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Creamy chocolate frosting||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Ready-To-Spread, From 1-Lb Container)|
|Fresh raspberries||1⁄2 Pint (1 Cup)|
|Mint sprigs||3 (If Desired)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6215 Calories from Fat 2713
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 307 g471.9%
Saturated Fat 109.1 g545.3%
Trans Fat 10.1 g
Cholesterol 918.1 mg
Sodium 5871.8 mg244.7%
Total Carbohydrates 826 g275.5%
Dietary Fiber 38.6 g154.5%
Sugars 551.5 g
Protein 67 g134.7%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C 182.2%
Calcium 53% Iron 111.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. If using dark or nonstick pans, heat oven to 325°F.
2) Take 9-inch round cake pans and grease with shortening and flour.
3) In a large bowl, beat with electric mixer all cake ingredients except chocolate chips on low speed 30 seconds.
4) Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes and scrape the bowl occasionally.
5) Mix chocolate chips.
6) Transfer batter into pans.
7) Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
8) Cool for 15 minutes.
9) Take out cakes from pans, place in wire rack and cool completely for about 1 hour.
10) Wrap and freeze 1 cake layer.
11) Keep strainer over small saucepan and add raspberries.
12) Force through strainer with back of spoon to remove seeds and discard them.
13) Add sugar and cornstarch into raspberries. Blend until smooth.
14) Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thick.
15) Boil for 1 minute.
16) Cover with place over surface of mixture and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until cold. 17) Mix whipped cream.
18) Arrange the torte, put a cake layer top side down on serving plate.
19) Spread thin layer of frosting.
20) Top with raspberry cream and spread to within 1/2 inch of edge.
21) Frost torte side with remaining frosting.
22) Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
23) Before serving, place fresh raspberries around top edge of torte.
24) Decorate with additional fresh raspberries and the mint sprigs.
25) Store in refrigerator and serve chilled.