- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raspberry Fool Dessert Recipe
|Raspberries||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), whipped|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , well beaten|
|Vanilla extract||To Taste|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.1 mg
Sodium 35.8 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.4%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 83.3%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash fresh raspberries under cold water.
2) Place over a fine sieve and rub through to strain the liquid. Alternately, use an electric blender, to puree the raspberries.
3) Season the puree with lemon juice and sugar as per taste.
4) In the top of a double boiler, prepare the custard by combining milk, cornstarch and sugar to taste.
5) Bring the milk to a boil.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks. Pour in little quantity of hot milk to combine.
7) Add this mixture gradually to milk, by constant stirring with a wooden spatula or spoon over hot water.
8) Continue stirring until the custard gets thick and smooth.
9) Reserve little cream for garnish and use the remaining part to combine with custard, by adding the raspberry puree.
10) In a glass bowl or in individual glasses, serve the preparation. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.